Kitchen Team Member
We are looking for happy, hard-working Kitchen Team Members (dough mixers, rollers, bakers, and dishwashers) who are quick on their feet, passionate, and love making baked goods for awesome customers!
As a Kitchen Team Member, you will bake delicious baked goods including cookies and cinnamon rolls, as well as package, clean, stock, and various other manager-assigned tasks.
Must be available to work Wednesday through Saturday 4a-9:30p or 4a-12:30p.
Duties and Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Follow Spring Hill Bakery’s operational policies and procedures
- Create products on behalf of Spring Hill Bakery
- Precisely follow recipes and instructions provided by leadership
- Willingness to learn and be fluid
- Be quick, accurate and organized
- Keep up with pace of work flow
- Respect co-workers’ space and time and assist others in getting orders out
- Understand proper use of all equipment: ovens, mixers, scales, fridge
- Assist leadership in executing kitchen procedures
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Model and support clear communication between all Team Members
- Demonstrate knowledge of the brand and menu items
- Prepare orders to ensure customer specifications are met
- Package, stock and label product
- Refill supplies and ingredient containers (may require lifting 50 lb bags of sugar, flour, or similar)
- Manually wash, rinse and sanitize all baking pans, dishes, utensils, and other tools in a thorough and timely manner and adhere to all SHB standards.
- Follow sanitation and safety procedures to ensure compliance with health and safety guidelines.
- Monitor inventory of cleaning supplies and notify management when replenishment is required.
- Perform routine cleaning of windows, shelves, counters, refrigerator, cooler, and bathroom.
- Clean, sanitize and restocks the workstation and ensure all cleaning supplies are sufficiently prepared for the next shift.
- Gather and remove garbage, sweep, and mop floors, and clean drains.
- Assist in the unloading, processing, and storage of weekly supplies and deliveries.
- Comply with all health and safety guidelines and SHB policies and procedures, including strict adherence to dress code and personal hygiene.
- Perform other duties as directed by a manager including packaging, labeling, stocking, loading and unloading orders, etc.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position which may include occasionally lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, etc.
- Repetitive motion of the wrists/arms
- Ability to take visual and audible cues and maneuver quickly in a small space with hot ovens
- Is able to understand written and oral directions, interpret instructional documents such as operating procedures and health and safety rules, and apply knowledge to perform job responsibilities.
- Possesses the discipline and attention to detail to strictly adhere to health and safety practices and work environment standards.
- Is diligent, organized and self-motivated, with the ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work at a quick, yet efficient and thorough pace
- Team-oriented, adaptable, dependable, and strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Hard working
- Responsive to team’s needs
- Takes initiative, self-starter
- Works to serve others
$12.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Prior experience as a baker, cook, chef, or restaurant crew member, team member or other Back Of House part time restaurant jobs is not required but preferred.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
If you believe Spring Hill Bakery and this position is a good fit for you, we encourage you to Apply Now!